Majanos good or bad

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by sykes_33, Sep 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

keep them or kill them with joe's juice

Poll closed Oct 20, 2007.
  1. keep them they won't hurt anything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. scrap them and flush them while you still can and get your money back

66.7%
  3. kill them off in places you don't want them

33.3%
  4. let them ride and do there thing because they are good for the tank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sykes_33

sykes_33 Astrea Snail

Tribbles, er... Anemonia Majanos

Earlier I posted a question about my tank and I had tis fish guru tell me I had Majanos in my tank that he saw in my picture. i replied WHAT.. I paid for this and you are syaing these are bad things? So, I am confused.. Are these good or bad for the tank? I read his article and pasted his picture/article here to read. He mentioned Joes juice which in the past I had used for other types of this type of problem but they were all brown. Now did I just create a problem in my tank and demand my money back from the store or do i let them go and be part of my tank and control them with Joe's juice for the one I don't want...

Hard to understand why my long term of few years fish store owner would sell me these if they are bad for the tank.

so please do feedback as well as the post so i know if I need to get rid of the 2 majanos that I BOUGHT. LOL

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Majanos are the spawn of Satan and your LFS should be ashamed of himself for selling them to you.

4. sykes_33

sykes_33 Astrea Snail

LOL thats what you said in the other post.. I used your picture for refrence... this blows if this is true.. I will be kicking some ass.. Hard to believe that after all these years of going to this family owned place that they would sell it to me.. It has to be a mistake they never steered me wrong before...

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Bad things indeed amnd as for the Juice that wil just P them off and will split to survive. What all is in thetank in the way of corals ? A Racoon butterfly will eat them as will a copperband but not as fast or soon.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

If what you have is definitely a majano than "this blows" is an appropriate reaction. I would bring the rock with the majanos back to your lfs and demand a refund.

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

They may have not known what they had brought and or sold ? I've seen it happen before..

8. Click Here!

9. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Get rid of those. they seem pretty and cool at first but after they start popping up close to coral and killing it you will get upset. joe's juice worked good for me. I also make my own batch using RO water and calcium.

10. sykes_33

sykes_33 Astrea Snail

What about this Idea.. i am attempting build a refgium.. If I put them down there in the sump and let them go to town.. Would that be ok? From what I read they do bad things to corals.. well, the refugium doesnt have coral so would they be usefull in the sump? Just a thought. I have only 2 on a rock that use to have polyps. I can toss the whole rock down there and be done with them in seconds... what do we think of this idea?

11. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

They would do well in a fuge thats the only place I'd have them..

12. sykes_33

sykes_33 Astrea Snail

good because I was about to take them back and get my money beack and start yelling, but if I can still use them in my sump I will not be yelling today.. Thank you.

Do they still help with nitrates and things like that? What is there purpose other then pain in the A$$. LOL