Majano Breakout/Explosion!! You gotta see this!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Biocube, Jun 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

So I was at a Zoo yesterday and I will not name what Zoo because we are not here to bash tanks. But I am posting this because I wanted to show what happens to tanks when Majanos are not taken care of. As we all know they can become pests and overrun your tank. Take a look at the pictures below and judge for yourself!

There's a powerhead and clownish in there.. See if you can find them. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Nuoh My God!

How does that even happen?

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Smash one with your finger or rock and it happens. I had a tank that looked similar to this. My GF at the time thought they looked cool and didn't want them killed. Just because we have branded them as bad because they can sting corals they didn't look bad and were super easy to take care of.;)
    Also I see the Clown,Foxface,Flame,and a Chromis or Damsel.

5. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

6. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

i mean a species only tank would look cool :p

7. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Kind of look like Duncans when they're that big.

8. Click Here!

9. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Looks cool. It's definately original looking. And if the tank was full of corals dying from being overun by them it would be a sad sight. But as some said seeing a sort of aptasia/majano only tank is pretty cool. Adds a lot of natural looking sea creature like esque to it. Lol also requires no dosing, very little maintenance and care to keep looking good.

10. Moby Duck

Moby Duck Purple Spiny Lobster

I think it would be amazing to just have a tank with fish only and a look like that.

11. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Hell ya! Looks like from now on ill tell rookies they have a good hitchhiker and to make your coral grow faster just beat it with a rock multiple times! Wish my tank was that lazy. The zoo is either brilliant to have this tank being how easy itd be to care for, or they are morons who know nothing of good/bad corals. Good post Biocube, reminds me of one of my LFS that I never goto

12. proreefer

proreefer Feather Star

i wish i could agree with you guys and gals, i have a hate for these things that is unmatched as far as reefing goes they almost made me give up reefing at one point they look like pure death to me because they are, i think my higher power everyday for pep shrimp and copperband butterflys