Mail Order Fish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by pmanzi, Aug 30, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pmanzi

pmanzi Astrea Snail

I have been thinking of trying to mail order some fish, the only LFS I like in my area is almost 40 miles away. What sort of experiences have people had doing this?

2. Click Here!

3. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Are you looking for Fish, Corals/Inverts, or both?

4. pmanzi

pmanzi Astrea Snail

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

6. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

I like saltwaterfish.com, they are reliable, ship speedily, and the fish have always arrived live and well.

liveaquaria.com it's a different story...I wouldn't recommend them, though I have seen some people who do...so I guess it all depends on your personal experience!

-Mike

7. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I use www.coraldynamics.com for aquacultured soft corals. Steve is a good guy to work with - great service, nice critters.

I have not ordered any fish on line, but am thinking about doing it soon. So I am interested in what everyone else has to say on that front...

8. Click Here!

9. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

I agree, DON'T use Liveaquaria.com. I have purchased three different orders from them and each shipment looks great for the first two or three days then ich(1st shipment), bacterial infection(2nd shipment), and bacterial infection, tail and fin rot( 3rd shipment). All placed in Quarentine tank which really did not this beginner. So far I've lost 2 flame angles, 2 copperbands, 1 fumanchu lion, 1 coral beauty, and 1 black percula clown. Still tring to treat the diamdond goby, yellow watchmen goby, and lawnmower for they have tail rot. They recommended only treating with garlic when I mentioned they were sick. Very disappointed with the quality of their "healthy" fish. Just my opinion!

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

imo www.reefermadness.us is very good, i know the owner and they have very nice stuff and are good about shipping, i myself have not had them ship to me (local to them :)) but i have only heard good things from people that did

11. brentburton9

brentburton9 Plankton

saltwaterfish.com is an excellent choice. I have ordered from them 6 or 7 times, every specimen has arrived quickly and very healthy. They diont always have alot but they will e-mail you fairly quickly when they get it. Oh, and dont go through windowtothesea.com, they suck. ordered 7 specimens, ALL WERE DOA OR IN VERY POOR CONDITION

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I second Bruce's comment on www.reefermandess.us, excellent top notch corals and even better packing. I've seen thousands of pack jobs, and they are second to none ;)

Morgan Lidster of http://www.inlandaquatics.com/ is about the industries best source for hobbyists to buy fish from. Morgan not only is a VERY knowledgable guy, he's extremelly ethical and has the highest morals of ANY industry person I've met yet, except fot my last boss, Steve Robinson.

I've had REALLy good luck with oderring from http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Livestock and knowing the source of livestock for http://www.saltycritter.com/ , I can attest to the fact they're going to be top notch as well. I have yet to order from Salty Critter, but I've talked with them enough to know they'll go above and beyond their dutie to help a customer. We're VERY lucky to have both as sponsors of this site :D