Magnesion

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Rawdogz, Jul 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

actually the stuff Rawdogz bought has mixing instructions not dosing. hang on let me find a good dosing/additive calculator...pretty sure we have one here on 3reef and you punch in what your levels are and it tells you how much to dose and how often

]
    here ya go 3reef.com - Forums for coral reef aquariums, salt water fish, corals, inverts, protein skimmers, aquarium lighting and more! - Calculators

make sure you put in what brand you are using

yes to what Otty says listen to that too! test all of them when you dose

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

4. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

thank you cuttingras i got it..

luna.
    i have red sea CA and MG exp 08.10

i just tested my par and this is what i got
    mag 0.2ml (left) X 2000 = 400
    Cal 0.3ml (left) - 1 = .7 my Ca is below 3.70

5. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

hey rawdogz, what kind of test kit do you have? it sounds alot like mine. i have seachem reefstatus mag tester. each mark on the syring counts for 12.5 ppm. if you had 0.2ml left your results would be 1000ppm. thats is if we have the same kit.

6. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

i have a red sea marine aquariums test lab, on my syring it starts at 0.1 up 1.0

7. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

i have a red sea marine aquariums test lab, on my syring it starts at 0.1 up 1.0 ...........
    Hey dog,
    I have the red sea Mag kit too, and if you have 0.2 left, means you used 0.8 ml of reagent C, and your Mag level is 1600ppm, which is a little high, but still just fine, really.

8. Click Here!

9. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

i'm not familliar with red sea, but seems to be the same as mine. i just feel like your interpeting the readings wrong. the more titrant you use, means theres more mag in the test water. mag is easy to raise. i use mag chloride from bulkreef supply.

by the way, 1.0 is at the top where the plunger rod is right? do you start with a full syring at 1.0? and add drop by drop until the solution turns color?

10. cuttingras

that is a little high I've found it won't hurt(anything that's in my tank at least) don't add Mg now you need to add Ca, but VERY little to boost it up.

11. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

And when you add calcium, for every 20ppm you raise your calcium, your Alk will drop by 1 dKH. Try to keep it around 12 dKH dawg. Use a buffer mix or baking soda to raise your dKH back to 12 after you get your calcium up to around 440ppm.

12. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

WOW :eek:, you know i think you are right i use 8ml and 2ml is left at 1600 that is not good. what is a good range........:-/ i feel like a real noob
    but why is my CA so low