Magazines

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by david, Sep 6, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

O.K. I play guitar and so I have a subscirption to a few guitar magazines I have learned alot from them! So it only makes since that I would have some reef magazines right? See that's what I thought too. One problem though, you can't find any around here! Well I've seen F.A.M.A. But that has too much freshwater "stuff" in it for me. Don't get me wrong. I realize you can learn alot from freshwater, but I want to know more about reef aquariums! What are the good reef magazines out there?Better yet whats the web site address where I can get a subscription?
                         Thanks guys
                                   ...just me? [smiley=guitarist.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I used to play guitar a lot. Played in a few bands over the years. But I don't seem to make the time these days unless I am on vacation. It sucks. :-/

I subscribe to F.A.M.A. - I like it for hardware, coral and fish info. I know there is another one out there that people like but I can't recall what it was. I see it in Barnes and Nobles bookstore. I'll look next time.

I think Karla knows if you want to send her a P.M.

:)

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

hmm im not to sure on magazines. the only one i get is from dr fosters its free its mostly a sales catalog but they do get some good articles and have advice sections in it. the last one i got had examples of different size tanks and different list as to what to put in it size, aggressivness and so on

5. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Thank you karla,
    I get DR. Foster and Smith also. Marine depot is also a good one. I was looking for more of a reef magazine with artilcles on water chemistry( i.e. the relationship beetween cal. and alk.) At least thats what I'm interested in at the moment. I could get it all from a book, but magazines are more fun! I'm surprized that there isn't reef magazine or reefkeeping magazine already.
    Do you know of any like that?
    Thanks D.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

cool there is a mag to reef keeping

i had a site bookmarked ill have to see if i have it its an online reefkeeping magazine its on line but its pretty informative. if i dont have it ill try and find it and link it for everyone

8. Click Here!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

The newest magazine, all salt water, mostly for reefers is called CORAL. It will be out in English version in early 2004.

Currently it is offered in Germany as KORALLE.

I have several KORALLE magazines. The paper quality is great. The photo quality is great. The information is top drawer.

There will be 6 issues per year. I don't think it will be for free... LOL....

If anyone is interested in learning more about CORAL magazine, email me at [email protected] and I will send you the US sales office info.

I do not work for Coral magazine.... It is just the BEST magazine I have seen for all salt water people.

MDP

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thanks Mike great lead and I agree after seeing te German version that this will be a great resource. Until it is readily available in english here is a good on-line resource - Reef Keeping Magazine:

http://reefkeeping.com/

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

12. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Bad news is, I think, is that "Marine Fish and Reef" is a once a year annual.