Mag-Rack

Discussion in 'Frags' started by BorntoReef, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

I found their website, because i was going to set one up to get some store credit from frags, does anyone have any experience they would like to share with Mag-Rack?? Here's their website:

Mag-Racks | The Magnetic Coral Frag Rack

sorry, this website has acutally moved, heres a different link:

http://www.blackrockreef.com/

I appreciate any input! Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. RobK13090

RobK13090 Astrea Snail

Id make one well before i bought one. you could use one of the ceiling lighting grates from home depot and make it hang-on rather then "mag" on

1 person likes this.
  4. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

I have a Biocube... it has a lid, so i don't think making a hang-on one would be a possibility... and they're only $15... do you think i should go for it?

1 person likes this.
  5. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

I think it looks like a great idea. I don't know how successful I'd be at making one because you'd have to seal off the magnets. I would probably go with a Hang on rack made out of egg crate. You could glue it to an piece of acrylic that hangs over the back wall of those biocube. If you're not handy though and don't mind spending the money, it seems like a great idea.

1 person likes this.
  6. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

I don't know if i can... i shouldn't have ever told my mom that Zoanthids "spit" toxins.... ugh... even with a face mask and glasses, she won't let me =(

1 person likes this.
  7. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

i bought one to try to duplicate, and to my suprise, it was injected mold, the whole thing was in one piece so there is no leakages. the magnet that they use was quite strong, it works even if you have 1/2 thick glass. they had moved to their new site call blackrockreef.com check them out.

8. Click Here!

9. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

wow! thanks, that was really helpful, if i order it, i'll be sure to post a thread on the details!!

10. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

They are probably using earth mags.. They are very powerful, but very small... You could dup it, if us used a plastic epoxy to seal the mag, but depending on cost to make vs buying if it's worth the hassle.

1 person likes this.
  11. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

They give a lot of warnings about breaking glass... but doesn't Mag-Float use rare earth magnets also??

1 person likes this.
  12. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Ah, parents of today germaphobes. When we were younger we chewed on lead painted window sills, had rock fights, roman candle fights (the ones that that explode), made mud pies, played with BB guns & we turned out fine. Now, they chase kids with hand sanitizer. ::)

1 person likes this.