Macrodactyla doreensis (LTA)

Discussion in 'Coral' started by IBMGeek, Oct 18, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Well I was doing some research on what anemone I liked and came across a picture of some clowns in a macrodactyla doreensis or purple LTA in the Tetra Encyclopedia of the marine aquarium.

Is it possible to have these anemones on the rocks or does it have to be confined to the sand?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. IBMGeek

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Anemones will move from one place to another to find the right spot for it to be happy. You can not place an anemone in a certain spot and think that is where it will stay!
    I would place it down in the sand to start in my opinion!

5. IBMGeek

Thanks I read that about them. But I was wondering if this certain species of the Long Tentacle anemones would be able to be placed on rocks because i read that they were placed on the sand. If it has to be on the sand then I will consider another anemone.

Thanks

This is the one I'm referring to.
    [​IMG]

6. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

I've had a couple. They were usually in the sand. One attached itself to the bottom of the tank, underneath the sand.

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Doing a quick google search then looking at the images tab. It seems there are on both rocks and sand. Like most Anemones they will go where they want

J

8. Click Here!

9. reefboy23

reefboy23 Feather Duster

My experiences with the long tentacle anemone's i have owned they always preffered the sand they bury they're base in the sand or usually wedge the base between sand and LR if you wave your hand in front of this anemone it will suck down into it's sand hole almost dissappearing completely. This anemone loves to be fed of course but it will feed off of nutrients in your water also.