macro algae id

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by morau89, Dec 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

Can anyone help me id this macroalgae? It came in on a rock from the lfs.
    Just wanted to clarify. I am not talking about the yellow polyps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just wanted to throw this one in
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Yellow polyps (parazoanthus)

It's a coral

4. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

lol, I hope that is a joke. Just in case in is not, I am referring to the little needle things with black tips coming out of the rock.

5. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

Anybody know? I am thinking about getting rid of the rock so it doesn't get out of control because I am not sure how invasive it is.

6. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I was kinda thinking the same thing till I saw you other post because I didn't see it either becasue its so small.

I give you my address, I pay the shipping and you can send it to me if your really going to get rid of it. Me I would let it alone till it gets a bit bigger because its pretty much going to be impossible to Id it now because its to small. It might be Neomeris sp. but thats a stretch. I would hold off a bit and see what happens, but remember if you want to get rid of it I'll pay shipping..

7. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

Ok i will check the link out. lol Those are not the same rocks. The bottom pic is a rock I have had for awhile that started out really small and I just felt like taking a pic of it. I would never toss that, even if it had wicked bryopsis or something like that. Sorry my first post was unclear.

8. Click Here!

9. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

that is for sure yellow polyp, that will spread in your tank in no time and will be all over your back glass soon :p