lymphocystis

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by cj24, Jan 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

I beleive one of my damsels has lymphocystis. white edges and spots on decaying fins and also his mouth/lips are decaying. could it be something else. the pictures look like it is Lymppho. also i beleive this isnt a parasite right. would i need to QT the fish and the DT in order to get rid of this completely. also have one other fish in the tank another damsel which is eating great and looks perfect.

55gal w/ 2 damsels and a few snails.

2. Click Here!

3. slocal

slocal Doot!

I would take out the sick fish ASAP and place in a QT. Keep a close eye on the remaining damsel. If he falls ill, you already have your QT set up for him. Best of luck catching the fish and healing it!

1 person likes this.
  4. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

thanks slocal.

as far as it being like ICH and having to rid the tank and use medicinal aid to cure it is that the case? or can i just be worried about saving my friends.

5. slocal

slocal Doot!

IMO, I'd keep your infected fish out for good and keep a close eye on the other damsel. It's good you caught it quick and hopefully you did before any of the cells ruptured, thus infecting the rest of the tank. If it is lymphocystis, it can't be cured to my knowledge. It shouldn't kill the fish by itself, but try your best to give the little guy a stress free life to avoid any secondary infections.

Do you have any pics?

6. divott

divott Giant Squid

this is the same damsel thats in your cycling tank?

7. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

not anymore. he didnt make it. caught him swimming in circles this morning. have on other damsle in there now and a few snails. the other fish seems to be doing good. but he is soon to be in a QT just to make sure my DT has no parasite when i do start to add my livestock

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

good luck with that. and its the best thing to do.

10. slocal

slocal Doot!

Sounds more like a case of ich then. Sorry for your loss :cry:

11. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

i think the fish that died had lympho. the damsel in there now is a domino and thinks the whole tank is his. very dominant and wouldnt let the other fish eat. he would steal all the food and even if he didnt est it would grab it and take it somewhere and hide it. even saw hm take some to the filter. so the other fish never had a chance to get any better. just so we are clear. ICH or velvet or any other bad disease can host on a invert (snails, crabs, etc)