Lump/Tumor

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by itsmesiva, Mar 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. itsmesiva

itsmesiva Plankton

I have an altheas fish purchased 2 weeks ago and still in OT. Fish is doing well but I noticed a lump/tumor just above one eye. I have a photo but unable to get a clear one. Wonder what it is and is there a remedy? Please help. Really like the fish and don’t want to lose it

(Click on photo to enlarge)
    http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/itsmesiva/

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Look at this link and see if something looks familiar, for some reason I am unable to view the image.

Marine Fish Diseases and Parasites

You have to page/scroll down past parasites.

1 person likes this.
  4. itsmesiva

itsmesiva Plankton

thank you for the link i will look thro it. In the mean time...is there a better way to upload pic on this forum?

5. Corailline

No the photobucket worked well, but the image is just too small. But I think you will find something similar on the link, from what I could see from your image.

6. itsmesiva

itsmesiva Plankton

I tried the link myself. Wait till it opens and double clicking on the photo opens to full size. Even then its not a clear photo. Its hard to make the guy stay in one spot....too quick to run away ...shy fish i guess...lol.

7. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

There's no chance of that being an isopod, is there. I would think the odds are low, but that's one odd looking bump.

8. Click Here!

9. itsmesiva

itsmesiva Plankton

10. Corailline

Did anything on the link look familiar and did you look at isopod as incognito suggested, or look at cirolanid.

Look at Microbacteriosis and Lymphocyctis, that is just a guess as close as I can get. While images really help, it is next to impossible to make a correct ID from images. Your judgement after looking at the link is the best way to proceed in my opinion.

11. trapstar991

trapstar991 Feather Duster

i really cannot see any picture or anything serious its such a small picture even at full size to see somthing that specific its not going to be an accurate diagnosis but you can see the fish,melafix is a all natural bacterial quick fixer i would dose this as a bacterial infection and to play it safe get a garlic product from seachem i cant remember the name it has a discus on the label and soak anti parasite food in this youll enhance the immune system and fight whatever your encountering

12. itsmesiva

itsmesiva Plankton

it is late and i have to get up early...i have been reading the link from start ....its very useful...i will continue tomorrow to ID the problem THANK YOU all for the input. you guys are amazing!