LR question

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by elweshomayor, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

oh i meant wait longer as in getting the money and stuff longer cuz the lfs needs to order base rock. not cycle wise. I have pure ammonia, i kinda wanted to use that instead of fish.
    yea i think ill go with base. and you are right. patience is a virtue. its just so hard to wait.. lol

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Just order it from reefcleaners ;) Its like $2.60 a pound and free shipping over 30 pounds.

4. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Shop around on base rock. Get a quote from the LFS first and shop around on line. There is some pretty cheap rock out there and some of it is crap. Like rubble. But I found a good balance. I bought my base rock from Caribsea South Seas Base Rock 40 lb

At 2.60 a lb. And thats with shipping included. Here is a pic of the rock set up so you can decide if you like it.

[​IMG]

5. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

DANG YOU PACKLEADER!!!! I didn't think to check reefcleaners. I like their rock better! Looks more porous. :cry: lol. Oh well.

6. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

lol.. let me check that. i want to get it online, but i dont think my dad will buy it from a random website. I mean its his credit card... and well im insecure about it too.

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Yep, it's good stuff. I did up my entire 200 with the reefcleaners rock. And the pic they give is a good honest pic of the rock too. Here is what the rock they sent me looked like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Yeah i'm glad they didn't "cherry pick" the rock in the picture. I like your color too. Mine is like white slate colored (but in a year you won't even be able to see the rock). PITA to drill too. I will know for my next upgrade (lol, I just got my 65 4 days ago)

10. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

I can understand that but reefcleaners.org is a VERY friendly and reputable dealer. Ask ANYONE on here that have ordered from him. They have the best customer service available.

11. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

it does look pretty nice. Ill see if i can convince my dad. if not the LFS has a good deal of 3 dollars a pound. (wondering where he gets the base rock from...**could be this site** who knows)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  12. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

$3 a lb isn't too bad but can add up. Plus if you order it online it gets shipped right to your door. Always a plus. Sometimes if the price is just a little more at my LFS I will get it from him just to support his business since he helps me out alot. (and he is my landlord) ;D