LPS that like high lights

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Sataly, Nov 9, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

So now that my peppermints are doing their job slowly they managed to clean of the highest point of the tank and freed up some real estate. I know only a few chalices like high light but I don't have the money (more or less my wife would kill me) to buy those frags for them. So I've been on the look out for something different. it's moderate to high flow as well so I'm not sure what could go in that one spot. it's bare and it kills me looking at it lol

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

As long as you light acclimate them, any of the following can do well in "high" light: goniopora, acan lords, pavona, or leptastrea. LPS generally get better coloration in lower light however.

DSC reef likes this.
  4. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

and we don't want that. I might have to go behind the S.O. and get a Hollywood Stunner chalice :p

5. dacianb

dacianb Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

This is euphyllia kept between SPS corals - tons of light (right under leds) and heavy flow. Grows mad.
    The white area on top is due to camera saturation, coral have OK colors there too.

005.JPG

DSC reef likes this.
  6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

If that frogspawn was in lower light the colors would be much more intense. It's a nice coral though. I agree with VA, while many LPS can handle a lot of light they typically have much better coloration under medium lighting in my experience.

7. dacianb

ended up there by accident. It is a broken fragment of a larger coral which I get for free and the only hole in rock large enough to fit the feet was there. As I dont have yet coral cement to build him a base will stay there for a while.
    But become larger and larger, so in the end I have to do something with it

DSC reef likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. dacianb

this is my hammer, but placed on sand level, under the frogspawn showed above

003.JPG

DSC reef likes this.
  10. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

There both really nice. When euphiyllia are happy they grow like weeds. I couldn't imagine a tank without euphiyllia, I love the movement and color.

kornaco40B and dacianb like this.
  11. dacianb

same for me. Thanks to short impulses waves in the tank they have that left-right mad dance which is awesome :rolleyes:

DSC reef and kornaco40B like this.