lots of aiptasia

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by billy31422, Jul 29, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

how do i kill these things. i heard something about injecting them with something but what do i inject them with.

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

4. billy31422

only thing i saw was muriatic acid, there has to be something else, something about puttin acid in my tank i dont like

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=billy31422 link=board=Inverts;num=1091160565;start=0#2 date=07/29/04 at 21:22:43]only thing i saw was muriatic acid, there has to be something else, something about puttin acid in my tank i dont like
    [/quote]

LOL

You need a little more patience, read the whole thread that BirdLady gave you ( all pages ) as just on the first page there were at least 6 different methods :)

John

6. quantumfoam

quantumfoam Plankton

Rather than trying to kill them by injecting/adding chemicals why not try a natural method first. I had a few aiptasia and added a pepermint shrimp. Within a week alll the aiptasia were gone and have never returned. You have to make sure its a true pepermint shrimp (Lysmata) and not one of the many imposters. My species is Wurdemani. Peppermint Shrimp eat dead or diseased tissue, parasites, and scavenge other waste found in the aquarium. Peppermint Shrimp are considered to be more scavenger-like in habit than many species of Cleaner Shrimp. Peppermint Shrimp may find all the food they require while scavenging through the substrate.

7. billy31422

if it will eat aiptasia. will it not eat other things that you may not want it to eat? thanks for the input

8. Click Here!

9. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone