Urgent loose mushroom coral

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by nanomania, Jul 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

suddenly, my mushroom coral got loose from the rock it was. iv kept it in a glass bowl on a small rock but scared that it might flow away coz of the flow. what should i do. can anyone tell me with pics or videos so its better for me to understand.....

2. Click Here!

3. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

I would let him float to where he wants. You could tie him down, such as the case when propagating. cover him with nylon and rubber band him to a rock, he will attach. You could also slice him up like a pizza and then do the above to the peices and have several mushrooms :)

Whatever you choose will be ok. Sometimes they come unattached and then they reattach. but if you are concerned for pumps and the like than go the rubber band route.

4. nanomania

wel, wont any other coral hurt it, if i let it float?

5. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

I suppose he could float off and get himeself stung depending on what's in your tank. I am use to a 6 foot tank here and if a shroom meanders off I would never notice it happening, nor would I care -- survival of the fittest and all that ;)

Band him down where you would like him to be and move on. They generally attach themselves within 2-3 weeks.

6. nanomania

its jus too small to band. iv jus kept in a glass cup with some small rock in it.

7. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Put it in a shot glass with some small pieces of rubble for a few days, and allow them to attach. Then you can super glue it to a mount or epoxy to your LR or whatver u wanna do.