Looks like a snail egg on the fish

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by djnzlab1, Jul 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

HI,
    pretty sure its not ICh occasionally I will see a cyst like cluster of bumps on my coral beauty it looks almost like snaill eggs to large for ich, its goes away after acouple weeks and may pop up a month later none of the other fish seem to get it. Is there a parasitic pod that does this.
    Pictures would be nice if he would hold still.
    Doug

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Yes there are parasite copepods, I cant think of the name of that kind right off. I'll look an see if I can find it.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Wow, Never really gave it much thought regarding these problematic individuals!
    Hope I never get any of these and my fish and inverts stress the same!

1 person likes this.
  6. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

interesting article amcarrig :) .the photo at the bottom of the bug is similar to something that i have come across fishing. Ive pulled up reef fish (ones ya eat) when i go to pull the hook out and theres a set of eyes looking at you from the fishes mouth :eek: 8) they slowly waste the fish away .

1 person likes this.
  7. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

Its gone now

HI,
    It finally went away, I have been feeding alot of the flake algae enriched with garlic, some articles say it dosen't work but hey its worth a try. I ve also started feeding more of the myosis thats enriched.
    I ve noticed the longer my fish live the more resistant they seem to get to saltwater ick and other things maybe its their immune system kicks in, the parasites are probably stil in the tank but can't survive on the fish.
    I ve noticed if you add any new critters they seem to have problems but if you feed them well and they continue to grow they seem to become immune.
    Whew he's a pretty fish now not one spec of anything on him.
    Doug
    I ve seen some new foods that talk about addtives that enhance the fishes ability to resist infection.
    I have lowered my temp in the tank to around 76 and wil not push that 80 deg anymore another possiable explanation of improved heath in the tank higer temps may increase parasite growth rates and reproduction, the corals don't grow as fast but seem healthy too.

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Just soak the food in some Vit C for 20 min before you feed. Mine went away in about 3 days of feeding with their food soaking in vit c. I fix all the food like that now and have not seen it return.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Water ticks-:confused:

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid