Looking to purchase a Pike Blenny

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Sigmund, Jan 14, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sigmund

Sigmund Plankton

Looking to purchase a Pike Blenny, they come from the Sea of Cortez. I had one about two years ago (included pic) but have not been able to find one since.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've checked just about every on-line site with no luck for over a year. I'm willing to pay extra, but that hasn't seemed to matter.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

wow nice looking...ive never seen one...what is it coming out of?

4. jnbahwkins

jnbahwkins Fire Worm

Looks like a feather duster tube to me

5. Sigmund

Sigmund Plankton

Yes it is a feather duster tube. It will hang out in there when not eating, or looking for food. It will also use any available Sea Fan tubes. It's personality is somewhat similar to a jawfish with it's burrows, but the pike blenny will stray out for much longer periods of time, and will not be too stressed out if it doesn't have a home like a jawfish will.

Another intresting thing about them is the size of their mouth, it's very large. Similar to that of a nothern pike, thus the name. Didn't have any problem with it eating anything in my reef though.

Had a voracoius appetite, but luckily only for those things it was suppose to.

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

wow that is cool ill try and see if any sites have it :)

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Good luck finding them any place but the ocean right now ;)

Sorry for not getting back to you Sigmund, I've been busy. Bah, now I have to repost my pic of my old SHPB :D

We should resume collections within a few months. Our permit issues have been worked out and we're recieving our commercial permits shortly. The other outfits don't collect them, only ours divers really do, so even though they're shipping, no Snake Head Pike Blennies are being collected. We have a few other exclusives as well, ie. Angel Face Blenny, red epizoanthids to name a few. We also do the best BSJ (Blue Spot Jawfish) hands down, so no more so called "BSJ disease" aka poor handling/shipping!

8. Click Here!

9. Sigmund

Sigmund Plankton

Looks like I'm going to have to break out my scuba gear, grab my fish net from under my tank, and get a bucket! :)

Thanks for the info, pretty much what I've come to realize in my fruitless quest over the past two years. If anything changes, and you get a second to send me an email I'll be the first customer in line...

Thanks again~