Looking for new lights (5' MH and VHO)

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Wolffvet, Jan 7, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wolffvet

Wolffvet Astrea Snail

I have a 5' 100 gallon tank and would like to upgrade my lighting. I am currently running a 4' 4X65 PC fixture. I am thinking about purchasing a 5' MH and VHO retrofit kit to put in the canopy I am building. I have looked around but wanted to get other peoples opinion on what is my best bang for my buck. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 2 175 watt 10K MH and 2 140 watt VHO super actinics. I just do not want to get stuck with something I am going to hate. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I would suggest the 250 watt halide at 175 you aren't getting enough punch for the depth of your tank. I am putting 400 watt on my 90 The pricing isnn't that different and with a 24 inch deep tank I am right at the cut off for the 250 watt.

4. Wolffvet

Wolffvet Astrea Snail

Thanks for the help. I think I am going to order a retrofit kit form Hellolights and put it in the canopy I am building.