Looking for input on live rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by aere, Dec 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aere

aere Astrea Snail

So I live in Palm springs, CA. And there is only two LFS here, and they both are horrible. I am setting my tank up tuesday, and need some live rock. I was wondering where people had good luck with buying it online.

I would like it to be pourus, and have some life to it, as well as maybe some good hitchhikers If I am lucky[​IMG] looking to spend 200ish

2. Click Here!

3. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

that wont get you much. what size tank is it? thats only 30 lbs, and as far as hitchhikers, you get the good and the bad with that. i would buy base rock and turn that into live rock. that way you are 100% bad hitch hicker free, to start out with at least.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I've heard people talk about marco rocks? I think is the name.....

5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Yup, marco rocks are real nice. Bulk Reef Supply and Reefcleaners also have some nice rocks. I went with marco myself as I liked the "knotty" look, but look around and see what you like.

6. aere

aere Astrea Snail

30 pounds for 200?!?!? I went with live aquaria, was 179 for 100 pounds, look like good rock, reputable company and good reviews.

I bout base rock, but going to cycle with live

7. xpand

xpand Flamingo Tongue

I have purchased a lot of mine from people taking their tanks down. Usually around 3- 5 bucks per LB. The nice thing is that it is cycled and has 10 times the coralline alga on it. Hopefully they have taken care of most of the bad stuff ! Then it helps cycle your tank faster also. Good luck