looking for a little support

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Apr 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

pssh, i'm no inspiration. i just got a lot of people backing me up. i also started taking Chromium as per the advice of our Unlcejed and a doctor buddy of mine. we'll see if that helps any at curbing any hunger cravings.

also.. kev, i tried your zucchini recipe. dude, never again. sorry but thats definitely not my thing. although i suppose i would lose weight if that was what i was eating.... or not eating rather.... blah

2. Click Here!

3. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

i LOVE that recipe.....what you might do is brown a little ground beef and mix that into it :)

It is awesome that you are trying recipes out too though!
    Those kabobs you mentioned earlier had me drooling :)

4. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

well then, here you go

i went with some sirlon (easy on the marbling so i can cut some fat, but you still want a little flavor), chop that into manageable chunks and i marinade that with two cloves of garlic, red wine, a little bit of worcestershire sauce, EVOO and half a handful of chopped cilantro leaves. let that sit in the fridge for at least an hour. i mix it up in the morning and stir it occasionally throughout the day.

then i skewer that along with fresh cut pineapple wedges, red peppers, red onions, and baby bella mushrooms. i try to make sure that the steak has an onion and a pineapple next to it.

for the glaze i take about an inch thick slice of pineapple and chop it as small as i can (remember to take the core out). put that in a sauce pan with 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp of ginger, a shake or two of crushed red pepper and maybe a tbsp or so of brown sugar. i boil that down, all the while crushing up the pineapple chunks into a mush to get the juices out. i also boiled some dried tamarind paste in water and added a little of that to get the volume of glaze that i wanted. once the pineapple is properly destroyed i chopped a bit more cilantro and added a bit of lime juice.

i grilled the kabobs on high heat (about 5 minutes a side but this will depend on how thick your meat is and how done you like it) and basted the glaze over each side twice and once more after they come off the grill.

serve with steamed rice and pour any remaining pineapple reduction over the meat

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

just saw this. up here about 10 yrs ago , a law was passed allowing females to be in public topless. ive seen 1 girl do it, and honestly , i never want to see it again. lol. but thats a whole different story. homeless woman,hot humid july and a parka. :p

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Why oh why did I have to read that while eating lunch?

7. divott

divott Giant Squid

youve only had to live with this for 1 meal. lol. ive had years of meals with that stuck somewhere in my subconscious. :)

peter i hope reads this, it may stop him from eating too. lol

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

ugh, three week picture update... i'm still hovering around 232 give or take. i'm still on my lifting regiment but i've bumped the weight up. i may not be losing much bulk, but what is there is definitely firmer than it was (the wifey is all kinds of pleased). the front shot don't show much improvement compared to the april photos but the side pic shows a little improvement. the belly is a little lighter but those love handles aren't budging... it's only been 3 weeks though.

on a positive note, i bought some new pants a few days ago (36x34) and they fit great. even need a belt. it was a nice feeling even though last week was finals and i'm a bit of a stress eater. apparently i didn't do too much damage

Attached Files:

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Congratulations!! I can totally see a difference. Way to go!! :)

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

resisting temptation... be respectful to the mods P... you can do it... just quit typing before something terrib I BET YOU DO!

OMG, what happened, I was trying so hard :eek: