looking for a little support

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Apr 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i know! right?
    my dad was kind of laughing that i did this but the community on 3reef is so amazing. i'm seriously getting excited about this stuff

honestly that may be one of the weirdest things i've heard but i'm probably going to try it the next time i got to the store.

2. Click Here!

3. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

ooooo NOOOooooo! why, WHY fiber one?! when i show you nothing but love, why do you hurt me like this? (weeping)

i guess the real question is why i was so casual with your warnings about the stuff. at any rate, i had two bowls of the stuff yesterday and then one for breakfast this morning and have come to the conclusion that my body has zero tolerance for fiber.

1 person likes this.
  4. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

oh! AND i canceled WoW. i figured that was one addiction i didn't need working against me.

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Better out than in! :lol:

6. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

OMG i TOLD you! (LoL....)

your body is not ready for "intense fiber dosages" which is why that dang cereal box needs a warning on it. My dad did not pay a lot of attention at first either then called me to say pretty much what you said. Ease into that stuff for the first week or so...it really is the most effective cereal on the market in my opinion and it tastes way better than Grape Nuts or those other "twigs and leaves" fiber cereals. This stuff has a natural sweet taste to it.

However, take your "reaction" as a positive sign....and from now on, use it "as directed". Actually I am glad you found out early - without being too blunt and graphic, until your body is used to ingesting more healthy fiber on a daily basis, you do not dare be anywhere too far from a restroom until your body adjusts.

On a happier note - look at the bloat you likely lost :) I am laughing WITH you and giving you props all at the same time. You are on your way!

7. slocal

slocal Doot!

I'm pulling for you man! I once ballooned up 80lbs over my normal weight after breaking my femur. It was tedious getting the weight off, but I accomplished it with 6 small meals a day and plenty of water. I did cardio in the morning before breakfast so my body would burn nothing but fat.

I'm stoked to see someone take charge of their lifestyle to make it more healthy. You'll trip out at how much better your knees and ankles will feel after shedding even a few pounds.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Kudos on the pics. Takes some balls to post a picture of yourself online when you're actually not liking yourself very much.

Damn! I need to start watching what I eat too!

I use to play shooter games on the xbox and later on the 360 for hours as well, then I got a second job and that took care of the time I was able to play... Missed it very much though.

Keep it up, my friend, you're doing great!

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

It’s Monday, so it’s update time. It has been one week since I decided to get serious about lifestyle changes and I gotta say, I’m feeling optimistic. You fellow reefers have been great. Thank you so much for your supportive posts and tips. Also, my wife is pretty stoked about having a new workout buddy.

Workout: 1.5 hours biking, 3 days lifting (30min cycle, minimal rest, light jogging before and after), 2 hours walking

Diet- 1 bowl (2 cups) of Fiber One as a meal replacement or snack a day. Turkey or chicken sandwiches (avo paste, not mayo) with tomatoes and peppers for lunch. My wife has packed the counter with fruit for snacks. I’m doing pretty well as far as cutting back portion size and we’re doing more grilling (steak kabobs, yum). I only drank one diet soda this week!

After a week of diet and exercise I have lost….. ZERO pounds! Lol. So the scale doesn’t agree with me but I do feel better. It might just be the “bloat” I’ve lost from all the Fiber One but I think I’m gaining a little ground (I found a box with 51% of my fiber requirement, I feel like Phil Hartman on that Colon Blow skit from SNL). Onto week two!

11. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Yay! way to go! the first week or two is either a huge drop on the scales or nothing - at least from what I have found over time.

I attribute that to the bloat loss / re-balance thing and your body trying to figure out what is going on - "whoa, exercise? wow....and fiber too?"

what counts is how you feel. I do not doubt you already feel "lighter" in your mind and quite honestly that is where it needs to happen first! the rest will follow :)

keep it up!

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Good Job, buddy! First weeks are like that. you may not think you're loosing lots of weight, but you're basically replacing fat with muscle tissue. So, don't freak if you actually get a couple more pounds if you're eating and working out. The diet change is already a win. Keep it up!