Looking at shools & colleges for marine biology. I need some ideas..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Seano Hermano, Jul 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Sorry, Kacey; the price got to me. ...hey that rhymed, sort of. lol

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

UW is pretty good with financial aid!

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

You said your 2 years away right? Buy the land now, then spend next summer there workin.
    Get scuba certified now up to the divemaster level, then go find a find a diveboat to work on next summer, that usually leaves you afternoon and evenings free as most boats are back at dock by 11am.

Don't mind me, just wishing I was 19 again :jester:

5. Seano Hermano

That would be cool. Though I am going for college. I actually took a look at Remaxx just too humor myself.:) Houses are expensive even to rent, at least the ones online are.:-/

Yes, two years away. I highly doubt my dad would be willing to pay for a property in another state so I would have it in two years when I am in college. haha I wish.:cheesy:

6. Seano Hermano

Though I would like to get diving certified. Maybe something for this next summer. Columbus has a diving instructional school.

7. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

umm...URI? we have the guy who discovered the titanic here, they do Semesters at Sea, its the Ocean State, literally one of the best marine bio programs to be had. I'm not marine bio so i'm not sure on many of the particulars i just know our school is known for pharmacy, marine bio, and aquaculture anyway just thought i'd mention it.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I have not read this thread. Just the OP.

Texas A&M Galveston.

10. Seano Hermano

Thanks. I'll look into it...

11. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

If this is really what you want to do, then, while price should be considered, you shouldn't let it decide the matter. You should try to get into the best school possible, one with a very good reputation. You will be glad you paid the extra money when you have a job. Reputation is a key factor in finding a job after graduation. If an employer knows of the program and knows it's a good one, you will have a huge step up over somebody else that went to a lesser know school.

12. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

A&M Galveston is probably not a bad suggestion. Once you gained in state, it would probably be relatively inexpensive tuition and cost of living.

Of course i just had to remove a finger for typing anything positive about a&m. Hook 'em.