long term 36" led build thread!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by needmorecowbell, Apr 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jtnova13

jtnova13 Bristle Worm

My 120W dimmables from ebay are on the way. I will post when I receive them.

I am also considering a controller to bypass the pots for automation.

2. Click Here!

3. needmorecowbell

needmorecowbell Torch Coral

What controller do you think you'll be using? If you bought it last night, sorry for driving the price up lol. I was willing to pay 175$ no higher. Tell me how you like it! I can't wait to get mine but I need to find out where I'm hanging it.. I might need to make something.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/my-personal-taotronics-review-132104.html

http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/chinese-120w-leds-my-first-review-131959.html

Congrats, I'm turning the page on these things, I used to hear nothing but bad but it seems that picked their game up and the new ones are running great.

I'd shoot boostled a email and see if the typhoon controller will work with these. Only $50 and works great.

Good call on the dimmable so ya don't have to keep moving the lights.

5. needmorecowbell

Thanks for the links! Everyone says acclimation is hard so having the dimmables will be great! I'll definitely talk to them about he controller, I didn't know they had something like that.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Its not that bad to acclimate, just start low and watch the corals, they'll let ya know. I amped mine up 5% every week till where i am now. Not sure how a controller would work with these. I'd post a question on Kevins thread about that.

7. needmorecowbell

On alright. Did you start at 50%? I'm emailed boost led, hopefully they'll get back to me. Kevin doesnt have the dimmable ones, so I don't know how much help he'd be.

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Dude, kevin, ingtar, and leighton have or have had every system on their tank, post a question on there and they will be a wealth of knowledge for ya. And boost will get back to ya, if he doesn't, leave him a message, He's awesome to work with and knows everything. Even if his controller won't work, he'll prob be able to tell you what will.

10. needmorecowbell

Oh lol, didn't know that. I'll ask them once boost gets back. It great to know that are good to work with, ive had some horrible service from some places... I think the worst offender is phone companies.

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol bro, when I went through a scam by reefwerks where I got a crap half a55ed system that was missing parts, I posted a thread on here, and boost called me, not trying to sell me anything, just walking me through how to fix the problems. Then called back to check up, even though I hadn't bought squat from him, super AWESOME dude, def do biz with him and rapid, insanely great customer service

12. needmorecowbell

Woah, nice! Sucks about the scam, happened to me when I was selling my guitar, almost lost 900$.. Tried to track his ip but couldn't trace him. If I could find the name of the guy, I would be such a happy person lol. So rapid and boost family owned companies or something?