Lobo Emergency!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by lesley, Mar 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lesley

lesley Astrea Snail

Hey All,

We just recently purchased this amazing neon green lobo. It was doing wonderfully until 2 days ago. A couple days ago I noticed that its mouths were open more then usual, so I thought it was feeding. The next day I noticed the mouths (one in particular) was opened even more and the tissue was starting to tear around the mouth. I called our LFS they told me to target feed it. That day we fed it some brine shrimp and nothing happened. Yesterday we fed it some zooplankton, and still nothing. This morning I noticed the tissue was coming off the skeleton on a couple different lobes! I have no idea why and what we should be doing differently. The waters parameters are all within normal limits, the temp is perfect, we have T5 lights (which we just changed out because the ones we had were used). We are new to this whole aquarium thing, had our tank for 3 months now and everything else is doing well. We even added all the minerals and vits that we needed. Any suggestions?? Getting desperate.

Thank you, Les

2. Click Here!

3. Afterdark230

Afterdark230 Flamingo Tongue

what are your water parameters?

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

If you could post a picture that would be very helpful. Have you noticed anything bothering it? How long have you had it for?

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yup. Pics and Params. There is also a form at the beginning of the ASAP forum that would be helpful if you filled out and posted.

6. lesley

lesley Astrea Snail

lobo emergency

The parameters are ammonia 0 nitrates 14 nitrites 0 pH 8.0 (which were tested today), the salinaty was tested by the FS when we purchased some coral, including the lobo, last week and that was fine. Here is a picture of the lobo, hope you have some ideas.:confused:

Attached Files: