Livestock for 29 gallon

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

actually does help and i like this list. only wanna start off with soft corals so thats pretty good. Mandarin or scooter will come later (i still want it but im just popping it up for the future cuz i really want one!) as a matter of fact i actually think im gonna go exactly with this list; I really like it! Hmmm but I'll add like a yellow watchman goby by itself; looks like the pistol shrimp is coming later! I think the YWG could pretty much fill up the whole tank concerning only fish

2. Click Here!

3. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

Yeah, lol a splash of yellow would be great for that list. :D Whats up with the YWG/pistol shrimp couples? What's the relationship like? In my tank-this may sound weird- but my YWG and serpent star are best buddies. Always hanging out togeather and sharing food. :) it's really cool.

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah yellow would give more color IMO. as for YWG/pistol shrimp pair its kinda like your serpent star and YWG; the YWG and shrimp live in the same burrow and get food for each other and defend each other if they have too. they'll usually just be in the same burrow; the YWG (or whatever goby is paired up with the shrimp) will be outside just watching for any danger, and I believe they sometimes switch turns. They both live in the same burrow pretty much; really cool relationship

5. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

That's awesome! If you can, don't get the serpent starfish right away. Take your time and look for the right color. :) I'd reccoment a neon orange. Most are purple or brown, and orange is hard to find. :( it requires patience, but should look great in a reef. My YWG is always perched at the mouth of the cave in front of the serpent star, in a protective position. It's something I don't understand, lol. When I drop pellets in, he brings them to the star and drops them by the starfishs mouth. :) it's really cool. And I didn't even buy them as a pair.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

interesting... lol that sounds really interesting. didnt even no there were orange serpent stars. I usually see only green ones. as for corals now... lets see:
    Devil's fnger leather coral, kenya tree, different kinds of zoanthids, button polyps, GSP, red mushrooms, still looking for a yellow coral (no yellow polyps please, had bad experience with them) and I've never really thought about an open brain so that should be interesting as well ;D

7. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

actually i didnt lol they were just regular colony yellow polyps.... o the link you gave thats what i had XD

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

liveaquaria says easy to maintain... EASY TO MAINTAIN MY @$$!! you stress these guys out enough and they will close for good.... They'll still live but they'll just never open up again

11. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned