Livestock for 29 gallon

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

ok well lets see... ok here's my plan:
    Week 1: get some more LR and actually make an attractive aquascape. I still have to do something with my maroon clown since I don't want him anymore; hey Guy do you want it maybe?
    Week 2: Get all parameters in check, do a water change and start adding some fish; probably gonna add a yellow watchman goby first
    Then I'll see how it goes from there :)

2. Click Here!

3. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

current usa makes a couple of 20" fixtures for the biocube. sunpod HQI and the nova extreme pro which is a 6bulb T5 HO fixture(this what i got over my biocube). more than enough light for my cube, i keep a mixed reef sps/ lps and my clam has been thriving. just to give you some thought...

keep in mind that a metal hailde will produce a lot of heat for a small tank. depending on room temp throughout the year, it can be an issue.

4. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

Do you buy your fish from a chain store? Or a private owned store? My LFS accepts fish that a customer doesn't want anymore. And give credit for half it's retail price. If it's worth $60, they'll give me $30 in store credit. Also, for theliverock, why not start out with base rock? I know that reef cleaners has some beautiful pieces. That's just my opinion. It's what you want.

5. TruespeedEM1

TruespeedEM1 Skunk Shrimp

This almost seems random now with the subject on flow and what not, haha but if I had a 29 gallon I would do it this way (i like things that have a lot of color!):

1 - Helfrichi Firefish
    or
    2 - Purple Firefish
    1 - Midas Blenny
    1 - Clown Goby (Green since the Midas is yellow already)
    1- Mandarin (if you plan to supplement feeding)

I am biased against pistol shrimp/goby because I have a pistol with a goby that never acknowledged each other even though there were paired at the store, and they been put into different tanks to try to get them to pair with no success. The cleaner shrimp will be out in the open and will be something you can see also, I put my pistol in my 120gallon from my 55 and i havent seen it since.

I think that would be a good mix

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah put at risk the helfrichi which usually costs about $130-$170...

7. TruespeedEM1

TruespeedEM1 Skunk Shrimp

at risk for what?

I figured the price would be the killer, thats why i mentioned the two purples, haha

8. Click Here!

9. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

Wow, I completely forgot about a Midas Blenny. :) that'd be a great choice.

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

i mean if your tank sucks or u get some disease then thats a lot of money down the drain... literally XD

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

the only problem i have with this stuff is money; i dont think my dad trusts me anymore because i killed so many fish and. and as for my LR its ugly but i dont think he'd allow me to sell it because already he thinks i dont know what im doing so I dont know what to do myself...

12. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

Go with base rock.:D 2.50 a pound and free shipping on orders over $50. :))