Live Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TSgt Rob, Aug 27, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TSgt Rob

TSgt Rob Plankton

What would be the ideal pounds of live rock for a 100 gallon? The deminsions are 60 long x 16 deep x 26 high. Still reading and learning SW setups. Where is the best place to get live rock?

2. Click Here!

3. APC

APC Gigas Clam

If you are going for a reef tank, I would shoot for 150 lbs. I bought all of my live rock at www.liverocks.com. I got the atlantic stuff. Very nice, and farm raised, so better for the environment then the wild harvested stuff.

4. boostenmkiv

boostenmkiv Flamingo Tongue

anyone heard of TBS? I heard they have some pretty impressive live rock. I think their site is www.tbsaltwater.com

5. Area 51 Exotics

Area 51 Exotics 3reef Sponsor

A general rule for a reef setup is 1.5-2 lbs of live rock per gallon on water. I have a 125g tank with 225lbs of live rock.

6. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I have also read good things about TBS. However, when I priced them out, they seemed a little high. Also, they do not direct ship to your house...you have to go to the airport to pick up your rock...last I checked anyway. Liverocks.com has real nice stuff, and they ship it right to your house. My experience with them was awesome. When I do another tank I will definitely buy from them again, no question.

I also agree with the 1.5-2 lbs per gallon. I have ~60lbs. in my 40 gallon tank

7. boostenmkiv

boostenmkiv Flamingo Tongue

ditto..80lbs in my 46gal