Live Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by billrwilson, Apr 27, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billrwilson

billrwilson Fire Worm

should i rearange my live rock once in awhile or should i leave it the same way forever?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I've usually done it out of boredom eventually or moving but I suppose you could leave it. One argument for doing it occassionally would be so you could get the debris that is collecting in spots under rock and to break up the compact sand.

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, my plan was always to leave it once I got it right. But....try to get a fish out of your tank without removing the rocks!!!! LOL!!!!!:mad: ;D

5. rocketmandb

rocketmandb Ocellaris Clown

I would leave it as much as possible. Every time you move it you change the lighting conditions, flow conditions, etc. of at least some part of the rock. This means if something was starting to grow on the top of the rock and then gets moved into a shadier, less flow area, it may stagnate or even die off. The reverse could be too if an organism requiring less light/flow (i.e. mushrooms) gets moved to a high light/flow area.

Darren