LIVE ROCK

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TEPOZ_AZTLAN, Mar 22, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Just a quick ? if I remove a rock of my tank, to make more space will afect in any way my tank.
    My tank is been up for 3 mo. and the rock don't have anything on it.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

You will be removing bacteria with your rock. If you don't have a heavy fish load, however, it won't make much of a difference.

4. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

I actualy have a clown, cleaner shrimp, some hermits,
    colt c, and a small xenia. Is that a light load?.
    Also i just got the colt coral and is on a very small pice or rock , do i need to glue it to a bigger pice or it'll be fine on that one, seems doing fine but not sure

thanks for the reply amcarring. :)

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

You should be fine but I'd give it a few weeks to a month before adding anything else to the tank just in case. You want to give the bacteria a chance to regrow.

As for the colt, it will eventually need to be placed on a larger rock in order to support itself so you might as well put some glue on the small piece of rock that the coral is attached to and stick it to a larger piece of rock

6. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

When i'll glue it to another bigger rock, can I place any other polyps or shrooms around the stalk or the stalk will sting also i understand they are ,semiagresive but the tentacles are the ones will sting another corals I'm I right?

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I'd be more concerned about the stalk of the colt coral being stung by whatever corals you place next to it. The stalk of the colt does not sting but all corals are capable of chemical warefare through the water column so try to space your corals out accordingly.