live rock suppliers?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by sawyer4321, Oct 29, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sawyer4321

sawyer4321 Plankton

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best suppliers for live rock and the best regions to get it from. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

It all depends on whether or not you want "REAL" liverock or not. If you want the "real stuff" then go no further then our very own sponsor http://www.liverocks.com/ They ship their "AQUACULTURED" rock wet and alive with next day air delivery. There will be very little die off and the "curing process" really is just a small die off that hardly raises your ammonia. I only saw it jump up .25 to .5 ppm If you are looking for stuff that has to be cured in vats with power heads and all that other stuff that comes from overseas "reef destroyers" then I guess one is just as good as the other IMO... WOW that sounded like a strong opinion :D BTW there are other "Florida Aquacultured Rock" Dealers that ship live rock and do a good job of it, BUT, they are not a sponsor of 3reef. Look at my pictures for a sample of what real live rock looks like. It has a lot more than algae on it. Have a nice day,
    Jim