Live Florida Rock at Barrier Reef in Boca Raton

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by marlinman, Jan 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I just bought 4 pieces of Florida Live Aquacultured Rock from the Barrier Reef in Boca Raton, Florida. I plan on getting more tomorrow. I was told to buy the thinner pieces as they will not spike an ammonia cycle. I put them in my refugium overnight and checked the water and it was fine. Selling price to me was $6.99 a pound. Great rock for the money. Here's a picture on it. they are on the left side of the reef.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. chinita

chinita Astrea Snail

Florida rocks are selling cheaper than what you paid for. I use to have one but needs to remove it because they're the one who's getting a bad algae growth in my tank.

4. APC

APC Gigas Clam

looks like really nice stuff. If you like Fl. Rock, like I do, try www.liverockandmore.com. $4 a pound, from the keys, shipped to your door. Price include shipping. Plus it is aquacultured rock, so less of an environmental impact than pulling from Red Reef in Boca -which is probably against the law - Boca has some serious protection on their beaches and coastal areas - notice they don't even let people build right on the beach in boca proper - they have to be across A1A.

5. thumper_1151

thumper_1151 Plankton

or check floridaliverock.com 2.99 lb plus shipping

6. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I like rock from tampabaysaltwater.com. $5 a pound. The rock I have from there has tons of barnacles, sponges, and various other life forms.