Lit up my 60gal cube

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by 3lilbrats, Nov 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

This sounds like it will be an interesting DIY build. :) What are you thinking about for the shape of the heatsink?

Yes, the Radion is very cool. If only I had the money for it. :drool:

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Lol, this is to funny. Where and how did you serve your country? I've been to Iraq twice and I'm getting stuck in Korea for a year lol. I'm just glad that I have a wife that will take care of my tank lol. ;D

Sorry I missed your thread earlier. This really is a great community of people. Member 2in10 is great when it comes to lighting as well. You could always PM him. It looks like you are already getting some great advice though. Good luck to you in your build. 8)

5. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I think I'll go with a round or oval shape. I'll design my own and once I have the design I'll post it.

That's big money. I'll study the light I bit and then I can make my own RGB fixture too.

6. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I have to apologize for my tantrum, I'm better than that.

I'm glad I got a laught out if it too.

I served on active duty NAVY and was deployed to the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean. I got out when my son was born and soon after I joined the Air Force reserve and right after I became a LEO. I'm no longer a LEO or in the reserv thanks to my arthritic knee.

I loved serving my country and would do it again any time!

I thank you for your continuos duty and I'm glad you're safe. You be safe in Korea and bring back great memories. GOD bless you and your unit. Oh, and your wife and family for taking care of your tank.

Be safe!

7. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Hello, Just an update. I got 2 of the clamp-on desk lamps with 6500k CFL (26w ea.) Now I just have to finish my drawing and write the program to machine my heatsink. I may get anodize aluminum just to be dif.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

I like the anodized aluminum. It looks more "finished."

10. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

OOh I like it def go with the anodized!!! haha anyway just saw this post decided to hop on help out then I realized you had seano helpin ya out haha ur all good haha :D any way.... welcome to the forums... oh and btw if you want people to respond alot faster and get more involved with your tank pictures are a must!!!! :D At least I know I would love to c some I love cubes!!!!

11. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Seano has been good help. I actually did the same he did with the clamp-on lamps. I had one so I just went and got a second one with 2 26w CFL's and 2 timers($10 for both timers) I set the timers for 2hrs each so just one light is on at the time at 2 hrs intervals.

12. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Here are the long due pictures. I put them in order from the day I got the tank till last night! Any questions feel free to ask.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG