lions and corals

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by karlas, May 3, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

does anybody have or would they put a dwarf lion with corals? they arn't supposed to bother them and wondered if it would work. any opinions

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I can't add much more than I said in the other Lion fish post. It is possible I think, but it sure would give you something else to look out for when you are cleaning the glass! ;D

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

When talking about lions, I have a red volitan and have noticed that when I clean the glass as long as I don't startle(sp) him he doesn't bother me. He is awesome looking as well. As for if he is safe with corals, I do not know, but have heard of some other people keeping them in theie reef tanks with corals and such and no problems.

Benjamin

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I've kept and have friends whom have kept lions in reef tanks. Not a problem for anything other than crabs (love to hunt hermits with a passion) and smaller fishes. I have never been stung @ home, but @ work (wholesale) I've had a few "stings". Pretty minor, I've had fish do worse. I'm more scared of large tangs, those guys can do some serious damage. Ever see a 12" naso? My boss has been in wholesale for over 20 years, he's only had 1 real problem at his facilitys and that guy had an allergic reaction. Keep them of live food and don't feed them much. Don't fall into the "feeding for friends" habit as it will lead to problems. In the long run, all of our lions went back to the shop, we'd rather have the hermits and small reef fish.