lionfish turned blind?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by helpme, May 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Because it was improperly cared for.

The poor fish. Take it back. Have you not read about cycling at all or do you just not care?

The shopkeeper just wants to sell you a fish to make a buck. However, this forum is filled with knowledgeable people who are throwing advice at you which you completely ignore. k - for not listening.

Well said.

2. Click Here!

3. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

if you want to keep the fish and do the work required to keep it alive I would suggest going out buying 15-20lbs of quality cured liverock a powerhead mj1200 or the like, put them in the tank change 25% of the water each week for the next 4-5 weeks after that buy a HOB biowheel fillter run it in for another 2weeks and then slowly remove the live rock till left with around 7-10lbs in the tank.
    If the fish lives past week 1 I would suggest to not feed him live foods as this will be somewhat negitive towards your tanks overall health rather teach him to take pellets this will be much better.
    I also agree with the other posters here in regards to the fish not realy having anyplace in a tank of this size .
    but thats what id do so take it for what its worth.

4. LucBB

LucBB Bristle Worm

oh dear, oh dear. Some people just dont listen or have any clues do they. :S
    I was considering putting a lionfish in my 250g tank when its up and running. Even though i have the space, ive decided against it as its not really a fish for some one new to marine hobby to keep.

Lol at bonsaikitty though. haha. Wouldnt actually suprise me to find something like that in china tbh. Ive seen gold fish in sealed keyrings for sale. And turtles with rubber bands around their shells from an early age making their shells deformed and go into a figure 8 shape. Wrong, but you try telling the locals that. :S

Anyway. If you are still lurking around and reading this thread, please take the fish back!

1 person likes this.
  5. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Goldfish keychains.. so how long are they expected to live? The turtle thing makes me want to curbstomp certain people.

6. LucBB

LucBB Bristle Worm

Well. The sellers will tell you they can live a happy healthy life. But in reality, most will die within a day or 2. You can see some pics of some controversial "non official of course" Beijing olympic fish keyrings if you just search for "goldfish keyring" in google. Anyway...didnt mean to hijack thread. But ill take pics next time i see them. :D

7. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

harsh . . . if he was a troll he succeeded in getting a rise out of a lot of people.

~Will.

8. Click Here!

9. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

sad thing is I dont think he is but now he knows the mistake of what he did hopefully

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I am deleting several posts on this thread and will issue at least one infraction. This is sad. Regardless how offensive somebody's situation is, they have reached out for help. If you won't make an honest attempt at helping them, then move on. Ridicule will not be tolerated on 3reef.

matt

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.