lionfish not eating

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by puffer, Nov 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. puffer

puffer Plankton

first off all hello to everyone; my lionfish has not eat for me in about two months just sitting on bottom of tank ; breeding is normal nice and easy looks fine part from eating. any ideas

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

can you give us more info? Size and age of tank? LR and Sand? SG, PH, temp, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ca, dkh, mg, PO4 readings? Other tank inhabitants? What are you attempting to feed? etc...

4. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Did you try some live brine shrimp or ghost shrimp?

5. puffer

puffer Plankton

ive tryed everthingi can think off just will not eat; water parameters are fine and no other fish is picking on him he's about 7inchs. ta

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I am sorry but there are just too many variables to answer your question unless you can answer ours ;)

7. puffer

puffer Plankton

nitrite 0ppm nitrate 20ppm ph8.2 salt 1.025 alk 10dkh 4" deep sand bed (live sand) tank size 6 foot long 2 foot wide and 3 foot high. Occupants who share the tank (fish) 2 yellow tangs, porcupine puffer, saddleback puffer, starfish, tomato clown. clarky clown, saddle clown, powder blue surgeon, jewel moray eel, 3 kuda sea horses, *****ly leather jacket, 90 kg of live rock, carpet anemone, redbase anemone, purple long tentcle anemone, hammer coral, toadstool mushroom, cabbage coral, 3 types of cuuliflower coral, 6 inch sea apple. 4 foot sump heavy skimming followed by 750 watt of light burning over tank

8. Click Here!

9. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Did you try adding selcon or Reef Trace for fish to your tank

10. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

you could try live ghost shrimp

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

have you tried mollies or guppies. they can be acclimated to saltwater so they will live until they get eaten. some lionfish will only accept live food.(atleast the moray will enjoy them)

im surprised it doesn't eat the sea horses. also kinda suprised they will live in a tank with so many aggressive fish.(i smell trouble in the future)

watch out for the sea apple if it dies or becomes stressed it can release poison that will kill your whole tank