Lion Fish in an uncycled tank

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by asilefx, Jun 7, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. asilefx

asilefx Skunk Shrimp

I have told him, he doesn't care.

I'm still working on it.

2. Click Here!

3. asilefx

asilefx Skunk Shrimp

Well the Lion is doing ok. His water is checking out ok.

I'm sure bad things are sure to come.

1 person likes this.
  4. micko

micko Plankton

I would tell him next time I went over to get that little slime coat off his back spines with his hands when he gets hit grab the fish

5. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

asilefx, my family has a boat up in Kenosha i could drive up there and grab the fish and make a get away. Trying to make light of the issue.

Where in Kenosha is this LFS, i would like to take a look at what crap this guy is trying to pull. Can easily get the BBB in there to have a look around!

6. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

Maybe my wife and I will take a short drive down to kenosha with a print out of this. Perhaps mentioning this at a local newspaper could influence the possibility of an article about local pet shops exploiting the ignorance of the general public. Meh, not worth any of it but it's kinda fun to dream about making them pay for what they do.

Such a shame!

Anyways, I think you have most likely saved that lion fish from an early demise, karma.

7. asilefx

asilefx Skunk Shrimp

The LFS is located on 52nd Street near the lake. You'll see a wendy's and then the LFS is right there, I'd say about 12th AVE and 52nd Street.

Ave's run North and South, Streets run East and West.

The Lion fish is doing ok, I won't mention the other things he has added to the tank. He still hasn't done a water change, the LFS told him not to.

He did buy a bubble tip and a few other things, everything looks ok. I'm not getting involved anymore, I really don't even talk to him much.

The main problem now is that he's stocking up from another LFS. He plans on getting a 90 gallon for everything, but I don't see it happening.

Thanks for every ones help.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good grief. Are you going to do a water change soon asilefx? What I am thinking since you have a fairly large tank is too convince the guy to buy a bigger tank, even a 30 long or a 55 if he afford it - sometimes I see those for $55 on sale - and get it going and move the fish over there...

This isn't well thought out, just off the top of my head but maybe he will bite. half your water, half new and some old filter media and it just might work. food for thought.

Karma for your efforts and concern all the same! :thumb_up:

10. asilefx

asilefx Skunk Shrimp

He started making payments on the 90 G, he says he's moving and he's going to wait to get the 90 until he's all moved in.

I'll be moving my tank in a couple of days to the new house and I can't spare any water at the moment. I'm going to need an extra 12 gallons because I'm finally seting up a refuge. Plus I'm sure I'll lose some water.

I gave him a bunch of my bioballs, and old filter I just changed.

1 person likes this.
  11. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

asilefx, i know exactly where that shop is. Right down the street from my marina. I'll have to stop in there and see what kind of B.S. they try to sell me.

Come to think of it Serotonin I believe I have Dan Rather's (CBS news)cell number. Maybe i should drop a line to him. He will be up in Kenosha in September, i'll just have to do that.

12. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

90 Berlin joe

Someone should call. Keep us updated.