Lighting for 29gallon FOWLR tank

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Jake, Apr 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

you can use the extra cash for better bulbs too.. ATI, geissman or uvl are the best out there in t5. imho. ATI blue+ is a must.

www.reefgeek.com & bulkreefsupply.com has ati bulbs. fyi

we look forward to before and after pics!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Reefordie12

Reefordie12 Astrea Snail

I just stumbled across this thread and I was wondering if someone could tell me if I wanted to use this fixture what bulbs I would need for my reef. Right now I am planning on getting the Coralife aqualight double linear strip compact fluorescent fixture, two of my friends have these and their corals are doing awesome, but of course this fixture is cheaper then the coralife.

4. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

Yeah, I would really recommend looking into T5 HO, as mentioned earlier in this thread. They are cheaper to replace, use less energy, use less power, and are just "better" IMO :)

Also, I have had algae problems with CF lights after running them for over 2 months whereas it takes about 6 months for my T5 to show algae growth (more red spectrum as the bulb ages)

and i know everyone hates on Glo bulbs, but personally I love them. Yes, I would go with Geismann or ATI but i am impatient and the LFS had Glo, but i do love them. Feel free to PM me about lighting I can help you out