lighting 92 gallon corner tank

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by flannel4us, Mar 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. flannel4us

flannel4us Plankton

I would like someone that knows please help me. I am now looking to buy the lights for my tank. My tank is 24" deep and 34" from back corner to front at start of curve. I do not have a hood. I would eventually like to have a clam. What kind of lighting would everyone recommend. I would like to buy these one time if possible. I was looking at the 36" Nova Extreme Pro 6x 39 watt.
    3 - 39 watt 10,000 K and 3 - 39 watt 460nm actinics. thanks for your feedback in advance

2. Click Here!

3. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

At 24 deep I would be looking at Mh to get thaat donw to the bottom of the tank.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I had one we build a canopy for hung a 250 M/H and strung VHO's along the outside of the M/H from the back out toward the front of the hood Corner systems can be a challenge to make look finished unless you just want to set something on top of them or hang them from the ceiling .

But also the lighting will depend on what your plans include for corals or fish types you want to keep.

5. flannel4us

flannel4us Plankton

mh

what kind of metals do you recommend? wattages etc. any brands I should or shouldnt get

6. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I'm setting mine up same as you it sounds: going broke once and never have to upgrade or worry about things I can and can't keep! I'm putting 2 250w Metal Halides on my 55. This will allow me to use the lights again if I upgrade tank size. Also, if your going all out, VHO's for your actinics are the only way to go. I've done a lot of research and talked to alot of people and this is what I came up with. Like I said, I want lighting to be the least of my worries!

7. flannel4us

flannel4us Plankton

Now im looking at the outer orbit 2x250 is this one better, it must be for the $$. all kidding aside is this a good light or for the $$ is there a better one