Light Rack

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by euthyphro, Dec 4, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. euthyphro

euthyphro Flamingo Tongue

Anyone know where I can order a rack that will screw into the back of an aquarium stand- letting you hang lights off of it? Ive googled it and looked at quite a few places with no success. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

I remember seeing pictures where Jonathan had shelving brackets attached to the back of his tank. It looked like a cool setup. You can get those at Home Depot too. Maybe even in his gallery you could see it, or ask him for some advice. Hope that helps.

4. euthyphro

I know!

That is exactly what gave me the idea- Jonathan's pictures, I should contact him. Ill also keep Home Depot in mind. Thanks

5. euthyphro

Man I am stupid, I need to pay more attention to your words. They are shelving brackets!

6. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

haha. Yeah that's what he was using. Those things are pretty sturdy. I don't know how heavy your lights will be, but if you buy long enough braces (or whatever the part the shelf brace fits into is called) so you can fasten a large part to your stand I would think they could hold some weight. I also thought it was a really good idea on Jonathan's part because it makes it easy to change the height of your lights and you don't have to drill into your wall/ceiling. That is a couple of big pluses. Let us know how it works out and post some pics once you get it set up, however you do it. ;D