LG.Lion (too old)

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by tube, May 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

This was my trophy fish, this is why I went to a 180 g vs a 90g that she had been in for 8 yrs !!! I have a 30 g that I will treat with chem, to see if anything changes , but if she is not eating it may be too late !!! This fish would almost eat everything before it fell to the bottom of tank !! !!!

Last edited: May 12, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. PJSATC86

PJSATC86 Flamingo Tongue

Good luck. Hope she makes it!

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Don't pressure yourself about it too much. 9 years is a very long life. The melafix would be my choice as well.
    If she hasn't eaten for 3 days. Not to worry. If she goes without food for about two weeks then I'd start to worry.
    Try soaking your food in garlic and see if she becomes more interested in eating. Also what I find works really well for me and carnivorous fish is, put a couple guppies or mollies in there with here. As long as the fungus hasn't completely blinded her, she will attempt to eat the live fish.
    I wish you well and hope she gets better.
    K+

5. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

Thanks Everyone !!! I will try a couple guppies[good idea] When I bought her she was only 3.5 '' long , now she is over 12'' !!! 9yrs. is a long life for a tank fish and she has brought me many happy moments !!

1 person likes this.
  6. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone

yea don't beat your self up 9 years is a long time hope she makes it k+

7. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

Just a note on the melafix, I've used it and it worked for me but it I stopped using carbon and if in a tank with a protein skimmer, the skimmer needs to be off because it will overflow with the foam. Good luck, hope she's okay!!

8. Click Here!

9. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

In the 30 g I will not have a skimmer only a air stone and a koralia 2 and melaflex with a couple guppies !!!
    Hope she last another day !!!!!!!!!!! Gonna run down to the bay in the boat and grab 30 gallons !!!

10. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Keep searching for a positive ID on the symptoms. Then only if you can't first get a positive ID on what it is (bacteria/fungus/protozoan/parasite...) then treat the lionfish in your main tank with Melafix and Pimafix, which will take care of most bacterial infections and fungus. The Melafix and Pimafix will not cause any damage to coral, inverts, or other fish, but will most likely make your skimmer go a little wacky.
    Edit: sorry I didn't see there was already a second page here, didn't mean to repeat the advice. Best of Luck.

11. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

No problem !!!! I welcome the advice from all of you guys/gals !!! You are the best !!!

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I wouldn't feed a healthy lion fish a freshwater fish so I personally would not feed any to a sick one. Are there any cheap salt water fish that you can purchase to stimulate the fish's appetite?