"lfs"

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by iLLwiLL, Sep 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

Ever since I started this hobby I have been driving 25-35 mins away to get to my favorite local fish stores for anything I needed. I live in a pretty small town and figured I would have to get closer to civilization to find some nice shops.

Last week I was looking on yellowpages.com for a number to one of my normal stores and found a pet shop I had never heard of in my town 2 miles from my house tucked away in a strip mall. So a few days ago I decide to check it out, and after walking in the front door am greeted by an 8' x 4' x 14" frag tank lit by halides full of goodies, a beautifull 180 store display, and nice 3 tiered fish holders. I couldn't believe I had missed this place for sooo long, especially when I was without an RO unit and was driving a half hour for water.

Am I alone in this bonehead situation, or has anyone else ever done anything similar?

~Will.

2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Wow, thats awsome, what a great find, im lucky that in rochester we have about 5 HUGE Reef stores with huge selections so theres always a shop with in 5 minutes. But glad you found a shop close now you can spend the gas money on frags!

4. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

im in the kissimmee area and there are 4 stores here...and more at the beach(20-30min away) are you far from west kissimmee? If you are not far then check out world wide corals or also opean oceans...these are to great stores in central fl

5. star_wolf_us

star_wolf_us Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I wish I could say the same....I live about 1/2 hour away from the closest lfs. Nice thing is that I have lfs's East and West of me about the same distances. One I buy my rock from and the other my livestock! ;D

6. Paro6k

Paro6k Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I wish. I live in the woods. The closest marine store is probably 35 mins away and they really skimp because they do everything else too.

The best store is 50 minutes away, but it's WELL worth the drive. Great corals, great fish, great prices. It's a one man show though so it gets rough!

7. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I'm over by new smyrna beach, about 20 miles south of daytona. I STILL haven't made it to WWC, but this weekend i'm going to my first O-R-C-A meeting / workshop in orlando and might stop in if there is time.

~Will.

8. Click Here!

9. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

good find, and your not alone on that one

10. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

WWC is amazing, seen it this summer when i went to florida to vist family. Will, its worth the drive!

11. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

does anybody do that hahahahhaha yes!!! there a no lfs that deal in saltwater other than petco thats doesnt have a live saltwater section, so any lfs is about 30 miles out but before i knew they were 30 out i would have to buy from a place 50 miles out spend the nite and get home some time later the next evening. i've lugged a cooler with livestock inside it about 15 times this way

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

My good local shop is about a mile away. I am in the minority though.

How long had the big reef tank and the frag tanks been up at the store you finally discovered?