Lets talk cars..... :D

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ScubaBrett22, May 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

If it came from japan, it came through Portland probably. I know all 4runners come in to the states on a boat through the port of Portland OR. No 4runners are made in the states. I know several hyundais come to the US through Portland as well.
    Because Portland is a fresh water port, it's a desireable port for cars to be shipped through.

Crawl under by the pedals and take a look, and see if your pedal has a denso name on it. Also, I am assuming you have the build sheet and window sticker. Look there for where it was built, and it might be in the door jamb.
    I have no clue if there are any IS plants here in the states.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I'll look Horkn... will be interesting to know.

Looking at window sticker now (Yes, I have it) and I see in top right:

Port/Plant: Long Beach, Ca

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I had an 06, really enjoyed it, had the RS version so it pretty much was a race ready with no sound insulation and no stereo, no big goofy looking wing just all the power and awd

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

According to Lexus, IS's are made in one of 2 Japanese plants.

Lexus Manufacturing

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

[​IMG]

Can you see it? It is definitely Denso. Sorry for the pic... was a tight spot and had to use a flashlight since my phone has no flash...

So based on what you said and the fact I have a Denso, I've left a voice mail with my Lexus rep... we'll see what she says ;)

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yep, I see the denso logo. I am used to seeing that on many of my toys, including Japanese motorcycles.

If they gave you a recall notice, they will tell you to get it recalled.

The rep may know less than either of us do about cars and simply get those on the list to get it replaced. ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

so looking through my paper work and what not, the rep told me i had to replace the pedal... the recall mail only says the floor mat

I wager you are correct sir :)

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I think they just want to make sure you, and pretty much every one else that drives a toyota product are not a mat stacker.

An ounce of prevention will keep this from happening.
    "So my car hit this bus full of people and then the bus hit a propane truck and blew up?"

::);D

11. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

iraf i wanted the rs but i got mine in late 07 so i couldnt find any in tarmac black.i got an mr se. im not sure if ill be putting my doluck wing on or going wingless. i may need the down force for the road coarse(i swap out the turbo for that). i m concidering turning it back to stockish so i can drive it on the street.its still almost full interior so the conversion wont be terrible but well see,i really wanna b the first evo 9 to break 1400awhp and get into the 7s.