Lemon juice on aiptasia! Quick Question!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by aquariaman, Aug 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

So i have about 5 aiptasia and i need to kill them. I just squeezed a fresh lemon. Now i inject it on the aiptasia? I just feel weird because its such an strong acidic liquid.

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Inject it into the aiptasia with a needle

4. Moby Duck

Moby Duck Purple Spiny Lobster

+1

I've heard you can cut one and then add a drop to it. Although injecting would me much safer

5. Dredfish

Dredfish Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Where do you get the needle?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:10.0.5) Gecko/10.0.5 Firefox/10.0.5 Fennec/10.0.5

6. Dredfish

Dredfish Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

7. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Pharmacy. Or buy an aptasia eliminating kit. It will give u a good one.

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Most pharmacies (especially chains) won't hand them out anymore unless you have a prescription that requires one. Getting the kit may be the easiest way to get one as mentioned.

10. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I'he heard nothing but good stuff about aiptasia-X(kit).

I have to say that I was thinking on doing the lemon juice treatment but was afraid of the acid also. Then I was reluctant to get peppermint shimps(because of the "hit and miss deal about them") to get rid of some that I had(about 10 small and one that was over 1" dia) I got 2 peppermints on saturday and yesterday I only saw 1 small one(yes, even the big one was gone)

If you want to give them a try I say go for it. I guess it was the way I added them to the tank or just plain and simple their love for them little pests.

11. The Reef Daddy

The Reef Daddy Astrea Snail

Im not sure if it is normal or Im just lucky but a Yellow Angel will eat them also. I cannot find anything on the internet saying they will eat them but this little guy tore them up.

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have been using a mix of lemon juice and kalk mixed to a lose paste. i use a small syringe that i bought at walgreens for 1.00 . i than inject a small amount into the center of the aptasia.

i used to use joes juice, but it dried out when i went to use it again, so now do this mixture when i see one pop up. easy to mix up fresh when needed