LED

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Seacurchin, Feb 24, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seacurchin

Seacurchin Astrea Snail

Here is a question. I have been using Kessil A360's in my 92 mixed reef since June '15. Pretty much all of my Birdsnest corals died.WTF?
    I got in touch with Kessil and they gave me a ramp schedule to input to my controller and I bought a couple more cheap SPS. DEAD!!!! Since then I have added a T5 system and have soley been keeping LPS and softies which seem to do A-OK.
    Has ANYBODY kept SPS from frag to colony using LED specifically, Kessil? I am very close to switching back to MH but I am now nervous that I'll harm all of my LPS.
    I use a BRS 2 part calc,Alk. My params are Mag-1400,Alk-9,calc-455,trates-2-3,Ph-8.4
    Thanks y'all

2. Click Here!

3. Step223

Step223 Plankton

better to keep Mag between 1250-1350ppm

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Magnesium at 1400 is perfectly fine. Your parameters are spot on. No need to lower your magnesium so just keep those parameters steady and you'll be fine. Consistency is more crucial than a number. The kessil lights have mixed reviews. Adding T5 to the kessil seems pretty popular and helps with spread and shadowing.

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I dont think that is was the Kessils that killed your sps if you have been using them since June '15. Got to be water related.

DSC reef likes this.