LED suggestion for NUVO 30 Long!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Toallhisdoom, Sep 12, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Looking into getting a Innovative marine nuvo 30 L.

The usable space in the tank will be 36Lx10W.

So need some kind of longer light that is slimmer.

Any ideas?? And no I really do not want to spend $500 on a light. All my previous light have been 120watt value fixtures off ebay and have worked amazing so will not be buying a or AI or radion.

Would love something like the attached pic. But need something p-73765-54994-fish-supply.jpg that will support all my corals!

Are there any slim options like this that will sit on top of the tank but have enough power for softies/lps and easier sps?

Really want something that can sit on top of tank as it will be in living room. And do not want to build a canopy to block the light when I am sitting on couch. That is why I am looking for something to sit on top of tank.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. DeeBee

DeeBee Astrea Snail

Build My Led (www.buildmyled.com) carries a light that is 36" long, is low profile and should be able to support corals in a tank your size. Only problem is that you are stuck with the color spectrum you choose until they release their controllable version.

4. Toallhisdoom

Yea I was just looking at those! Hmmm.
    Wonder how it would work out.

5. Toallhisdoom

6. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

I use the sell the current fixtures they are super cool and come with a lot of nice features. But It probably won't support all sps. But I think you could still grow some of the less fussy sps at the very top of the tank (montis, birdsnest, ect)

Toallhisdoom likes this.
  7. Toallhisdoom

Got any laying around still?? lol

The tank is only 13" deep. After 2-3in of sand. 10" deep. Should be perfect for the tank!

8. Click Here!

9. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

No I don't lol it was at a store I use to work at

Yea you will probaly be getting a little over 100 par at the very top of the tank and somewhere around 50 at the sand bed

10. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I don't think this would be a very good light for most coral due to the max wattage per diode is 0.25 which is probably dialed back. Good LEDs are the 3 watt diode leds.

11. Toallhisdoom

Orbit_Marine_Light_Specifications.jpg IMG_0151.jpg 7-8-14IMG_0542.jpg
    In this pic it shows 400+par at top and 50-70 in mid. That is a 24in tank. My tank is only half that. So lowest part I will be getting is about 50 on sand bed. I have seen pics from another thread of a guy that had this light over a 12" deep tank and posted these pics. the first pic is when he got the green slimer, and the second pic is after it being under his light for a few months.

12. Toallhisdoom

But by all means, if you can find me something more powerful that is slim and sits on top of the tank let me see it !