LED NEWBIE

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Tangotan, Nov 9, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangotan

Tangotan Astrea Snail

Hello everyone,
    I had a bit of a mistake yesterday hanging up my T5HO fixture (4 bulbs, two purple plus, one actinic and white) because little did I know that the wiring I was using to hold up the light was slowly slipping and my whole fixture that Ive have for about 3 years fell into my tank. this really sucked but Im trying to look at this is a positive light and since my coral growing days are over, im just looking for a nice and full spectrum 48in LED that'll give me the nice looking purples that I once had.
    Anything helps really because the only LED's ive bought were the ones that came with my fixture for actinics :cry:
    Im willing to spend up to $400
    thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I'd advise 2 Chinese LED panels. cheap and grown like crazy. generally I don't see to many panels with a huge amount of purple/magenta as most come as full spectrum or white and blue. If you're wanting some thing like that, I know a few companies will customize your lights upon request. not sure on the price though. Also I personally hang my lights from a pvc stand I made. works like a charm

4. Tangotan

Tangotan Astrea Snail

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Pretty good deal. I'd get them.

Piano10 likes this.
  6. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

Pretty much exactly what I have minus the wifi. I will say that they're very prone to rust on the outer body. I had mine set in a canopy on my 90 and both have a lil rust on them. other then that they work just as well as any high end.

7. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

These look really cool.

Would 1 of these be enough for a standard 15g reef?

8. Click Here!

9. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    DSC reef likes this.