LED lights?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by scvc, Feb 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scvc

scvc Bristle Worm

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

well that is interesting... I saw those when i was browsing through before. I almost bought them!
    The only thing that stopped me is the fact that there is not much research on the PAR of these lights. I have seen LED's that produce insane penetration and off the charts PAR, as well as some crap ones that have nothing going for them.
    Maybe email them and ask the type of bulb (so we can research it some more for PAR and intensity) they use and if the panels have been used for corals before.

Im interested in this so pm me with the results and ill help you research

4. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I got the 25 led one,i was curious and my sump light went out,and at 13 watts... so i decided to try it out.i got the mixed blue/white to see what color it'd give .
    looked great when i held it over the DT, but of course not much penetration.so in it went it into the sump area as i had planned.i think if you had several panels and a shallow tank it'd look nice but in no way would i use this as a main source for my corals,only for my eyes

works great for macro in my fuge

5. scvc

scvc Bristle Worm

Thanks Dingo and Nugio for the replies. These are Xen-lux bulbs. The more I read about them the less I was interested.