LED lighting UV is a must

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by oceanreefs, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanreefs

oceanreefs Plankton

Cosmo, the reason I have no pictures of my tank is because they keep telling me I have to write several articles before they will let me post photographs. But since you seem to know everything that you think I'm doing and your wrong about that because I have not mention any of this on any other website. let me ask you something what do you think I'll trying to sell? I'm trying to learn about this just like everybody else. you people are judging way too fast, what is your problem. I thought this for him was about learning and helping people in this hobby. I had no idea it was about slamming people who wrote on article about LEDs and UV man this is bad.

2. Click Here!

3. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

I dont think he is trying to really sell anything....he never said any product at all. In fact he says, "make sure the manufacturer has UV leds built in". he is just passing along information that he has heard.

Isnt that what the forums are all about? Sharing information? Why would anyone want to when they get attacked like this.

1 person likes this.
  4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Wait, what? Who is "they"?

This post doesn't make any of this speculation better...

But herein lies the point: There's only one manufacture who is currently including VIOLET diodes in their product (no one is including UVs, but the reason for that is an entirely different discussion).

Go look at Sanjay's spectral distribution plots if you don't already know what manufacture that is; I'm not going to be the one to name-drop here.

1 person likes this.
  5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I wonder if they are up to more tricks.

6. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Im fairly sure i know what company you are speaking of, but they arent the only company using "UV" leds in their fixtures....i can think of another using them and they are a sponsor here...

7. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

I should refrase and say that 2 sponsors on 3reef offer fixtures with "UV" diodes.

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Beyond the first post, this entire thread becomes a joke. We have a group of "experts" calling 420nM UV, and another group attacking someone for making a claim that he heard. I've been following this for the past couple days and no where do I see the OP selling anything or even leading in to a sell. His information is wrong and that's as far as it needed to go. Now your clique has him backed up against the wall, with only one other person even pointing out the assumptions you've all made and defending him.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

In some people's defense..the guy went from being a LED Manufacturer in the first post to being a Marine Biologist in about 3 pages (something smells fishy and it isnt my tank).... And i think what everyone got put off by was the first post being so "matter of fact" instead of asking others opinions on the matter...

11. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Where do you read that he states to being a manufacturer? I read that he states to talking to a manufacturer and then even admits that he is merely repeating hearsay that he gathered from a person he considers an expert. He doesn't give the message go out and buy a fixture with built in UV but instead states that it's something to think about if you are considering going with LED.
    As far as being a marine biologist, I believe he's just passing on info that he believes to be true, the same thing that most forum goers do.

All we have here is a case of a new comer making making a bold statement and getting chastised for it.

12. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

There..