Led lighting from LOWES

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by chetrod, Dec 24, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Hey I went lowes over the weekend and they had a strip of led lighting with 20 leds in it for 32 bucks. and they are linkable. they are very cool

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That's pretty cool! Can you put them on a dimmer switch?

4. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

they are very yellow. I have checked them out. I wouldn't use them,at least not for coral tank. Algae growers.

5. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

apollow'sowner I haven't done the moonlight thing yet but I was wondering how much algae do you think that would grow under that low amount of lighting ?

6. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

No idea. I tholught that a couple of the 20" would be a good fuge light for chaeto. Better and cheaper is the screw-in 5600k 10wt PC at Walmart pet section for $5. Has worked great so far.
    If you are looking for moon light effect you probably want something in the blue end spectrum.

7. Row2fer

Row2fer Astrea Snail

hey for you do it your self people....in the business world lowes is expensive!!!

check these guys out they have everything and will sell to the individual. McMaster-Carr

8. Click Here!

9. milesm4

milesm4 Spaghetti Worm

I like the look of that strip but a few too many LED's for my taste. Looks a heck of a lot better than the DIY one I did out of wire mold and resistors.