LED Lighting Addition?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by tripnbili, Mar 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tripnbili

tripnbili Feather Duster

I have a 20g nano with two 24W HO T5's (10,000K and actinic). I was wondering about adding some LED lighting to increase light and coral growth. I want to try some SPS. I would like to add some LEDS to help grow, and also some moonlighting...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

par 38 bulbs... they are very easy to wire because you dont need transformers

4. tripnbili

tripnbili Feather Duster

You have a source??

5. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

This is what you want:
    nanocustoms

Thinking about adding a couple of these myself. I've seen a few tanks up to 40 gallon breeders soley lit by these online. You have quite a few mounting options as well since they fit in regular bulb fixtures. Think rail lighting or adjustable light arms to get the angles and light exactly where you want it.

edit:

Not sure on your tank dimensions or how much realestate your existing fixture takes up or height from water line, so you might have to get creative on how these are placed as they're kind of beefy. If you're limited with space something like the reefbrite led strip might be more up your alley:

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=reefbrite

6. tripnbili

tripnbili Feather Duster

How about "Ecoxotic?" Anyone heard of these or have experience with them?