Leaking tank - convert spotted puffer to marine?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by nyvw, Aug 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nyvw

nyvw Skunk Shrimp

So I have a leaking fw tank with a green spotted puffer... Thinking if acclimating it to my sw tank. 28g aio. The benefit of only having to maintain one tank instead of two would be nice. I am slightly worried about some of my coral and my clown and my cuc.. I only have a few mushrooms, frogspawn and a pulsin Xenia that is growing out if control.

Bad idea?

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I can address the issues with the danger to the other critters, but if you do convert him to salt, acclimate him slowly.

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I acclimated 2 GS puffers to full marine in a two week span. I never had an issue with them bullying any fish. Every now and then one would eat a hermit but I never thought it was a big deal. I kept them well fed and they were really great tank mates. I miss having them, they had great personalities. As far as acclimation goes do research. I'm sure it can be done faster but I didn't experience any problems and there bellies were always bright white.

5. nyvw

nyvw Skunk Shrimp

Thanks for the replies. I'm still not sure what to do! I was given a 37g with stand that I might use as a replacement or I'm still considering acclimating the puffer to my marine tank.

6. nyvw

nyvw Skunk Shrimp

So I'm going to acclimate him to sw. I'll keep you oosted

Billme likes this.
  7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Awesome. Slow and steady.

Billme likes this.